Dynamic Living by Simone Craig

Spiritual. Health Conscious. Tree Hugger. Single Mama journeying to pristine, exalted joy in all aspects of life. This is real life.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Black Folk and the New Age Movement like Oil & Water

I just did a show on this on July 18th. I had so much fun doing it. I was thrilled with the participation in the show and happy to say that I'll be doing another installment of this subject next Wednesday, the 25th. There is so much to say about this and so many avenues that can be taken! I personally would love to explore the dynamic of exclusively African-American groups that are considered to be part of the "so called" New Age Movement. Many of you have emailed me personally about your appreciation of the show and I thank you for listening! I would love it if you would leave your comments on my blog ya'll! hahaha It is what it is. I'm grateful that I have an outlet to write and speak and share with you.

Speaking of sharing, I received an email from a sister today who so eloquently wrote:
"Sharing is not gossip - it's growth by acquiring and learning from instrumental information."

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At July 21, 2007 at 12:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"There's subconscious thinking...people have racist ideas and beliefs and are therefore racist...I really think the issue here is that white folks are ignorant as to who black people are."
Agreed! Absolutely. And yet here's the thing about ignorance from my perspective. It doesn't disperse by simply being told about what I've been ignoring, it is dispelled through finding where it lives, hidden, within me and acknowledging it's existence there. Actually finding it! To be ignorant is, in the true sense of the word, to be unaware. So, it will always seem as if nothing is in here, meaning 'I'm not racist' or 'I'm not a pig', unless I dive into the feeling of discomfort which signals this invisible tactic level of unconscious assumption. Each of us, if we are fitting at all into the society around us, are powderkegs of hidden assumptions waiting to either go off or go out for tea with a plastic smile and learned laugh. To turn towards being human is to turn towards our relationships and begin to acknowledge what lies just beneath the surface of interaction. Can you imagine sharing this with your fellow man? Not sharing it intellectually, which is always so cut off and devoid of life, but to actually allow tactic assumptions to come up in relation to other people in which they're directly affected? I've been apart of such moments before and it changes actual assumptions held in the brain, which in turn shirt perspectives, which in turn colors reality. It is in part what I hope Compassionate Council will help facilitate and experiment in. Thank you for an incredible show and I look forward to next week's!

 
At July 22, 2007 at 12:01 AM , Blogger Simone Craig said...

Essentially what I hear you saying is that what dispells ignorance is someone being willing to go within and see where it is alive in them. It's about getting to the heart of the matter.

Thanks Rob.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Elle said...

What an awesome show. Your insight is amazing. Keep up the fab work!

 
At August 15, 2007 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Simone Craig said...

Thanks Elle! Thanks for listening.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home